To celebrate Richard Armitage’s 40th birthday and to commemorate the anniversary of Richard III’s death, this blog is participating in a weeklong series of RA blog events for the Richard III for Richard Armitage!/King Richard Armitage project (sign the petition, join the Facebook group). Enjoy the fun!
Let’s play ad agency (Mad Men time!) and come up with ad campaign slogans for the Richard III project.
Let’s look at the writing strategies used to create ad taglines for The Tudors.
- Sex. Intrigue. Excess. Treachery. Power. Obsession. Murder. – List
- It’s Good to Be King. – Existing catchphrase
- King Takes All. – Wordplay on double meaning of king
- Lover. Warrior. Rebel. King. Prepare for reign. – List with a play on words
No bots allowed. 😉
- Richard III’s motto was “Loyalty binds me.”
- He was an advocate for less fortunate citizens, improving the economic conditions of northern England for commoners, and introducing the bail system and a court for those who could not afford legal representation.
What are your slogan ideas? Channel your inner Peggy Olson or Don Draper and post them in the comments section.
Thanks for participating!